Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of Pre-K and First Grade!

Here's the little guy that I lost sleep over last night. I tossed and turned as I envisioned each part of the morning from and how it could potentially go sour. Praise God, he heard my wee-morning-hour prayers for Ben to be successful today at his first day of pre-K. 
I'm sure it helped that as they put their sneakers on this morning big bro Jacob reminded Ben of all the new friends that he would make and how much fun pre-K would be. The only tiny snag this morning was when Rob put Ben on the bus (as I watched from inside to avoid a detachment meltdown), and Ben fussed a little because he wanted "mommy to drive the bus!". Maybe in my next life, lol!
I proceeded to follow the bus to Ben's school, watch from a distance as he got off and lined up for class. His teacher was there waiting and he was obviously a little bit nervous but rallying. Once they were inside, I sneakily watched from the door of his classroom as he found some toys. Ahhh, the beautiful relief in that moment! Ben is gonna be just fine! He arrived home smiling and chatting about his day. :)  A celebratory trip to the zoo with Giana (and RN Jill), and Eli before Jacob arrived home was also a great success. Jacob, of course had a fantastic day in first grade. He said that everything from the teacher to the kids, to the snack was just perfect. I can't help but smile as I write this. I feel so blessed with these kids. 


No comments:

JJ Heller - Your Hands