Any of you who have kids know that there are days, and then there are more days...that maybe if given the opportunity you would consider trading them in for perhaps a different model. And then there are days that are so far beyond perfect. The days where they play together happily, tell each other that they are best friends, eat all their dinner, and don't flood the bathroom while in the tub. This was one of those days. Jacob, in an attempt to stay up late was picking up toys in the living room when an idea struck him. He said "I'm gonna set up all of the Toy Story toys for Ben, he will be so happy when he sees them in the morning". Rob and I smiled approvingly as he meticulously arranged Buzz, Woody, and the rest of the gang. He continued to draw the detailed magna doodle pic of Woody and Jessie riding on Bullseye the horse. Atop the drawing read "Welcome Awake Ben, Sapp-Rise!" He told Rob and I that he and Ben were now 'best friends' because Ben likes to dress up along with him as superheroes. Ben was as wide-eyed as on Christmas morning when he awoke to the display. I think he had perma-smile for at least an hour! The day was then coined "Best Friend Day" by Jacob. With the craziness of our life, it was such a beautiful little glimpse into the love that our kids have for one another. Again, we are blessed.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
moments that make it all worthwhile
Any of you who have kids know that there are days, and then there are more days...that maybe if given the opportunity you would consider trading them in for perhaps a different model. And then there are days that are so far beyond perfect. The days where they play together happily, tell each other that they are best friends, eat all their dinner, and don't flood the bathroom while in the tub. This was one of those days. Jacob, in an attempt to stay up late was picking up toys in the living room when an idea struck him. He said "I'm gonna set up all of the Toy Story toys for Ben, he will be so happy when he sees them in the morning". Rob and I smiled approvingly as he meticulously arranged Buzz, Woody, and the rest of the gang. He continued to draw the detailed magna doodle pic of Woody and Jessie riding on Bullseye the horse. Atop the drawing read "Welcome Awake Ben, Sapp-Rise!" He told Rob and I that he and Ben were now 'best friends' because Ben likes to dress up along with him as superheroes. Ben was as wide-eyed as on Christmas morning when he awoke to the display. I think he had perma-smile for at least an hour! The day was then coined "Best Friend Day" by Jacob. With the craziness of our life, it was such a beautiful little glimpse into the love that our kids have for one another. Again, we are blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment