
I actually slept soundly on Friday night from 10pm until 4am (when Giana decided to do some acrobatics!) and then from about 5am until 7am...ahhh it was lovely! Just me in a twin bed.
No kids. No husband stealing the entire comforter. Pure nocturnal bliss.
Rob went to Montibello, NY to train for work from last Tuesday until late Thursday night. On Friday morning I gave him a high-five (and a kiss!) and took off with Melissa and her daughter Natalie for Ancaster, Canada to visit her sister.
On Friday we had an awesome "girls day" of shopping at their ginormous mall, followed by an afternoon treat of Cinnabons (thanks Missy!), and a delicious dinner at Mel's house. In the evening we watched the movie Juno, chatted, and then all hit the hay. Melodie has a beautiful home and a lovely family, including Chelsey, 16, who has Spina Bifida. It was cool for me to see how she makes her way around their house including riding up her stair lift. It won't be clear until Giana arrives what her special needs may be but seeing Chels in her environment, and going through the day like the rest of us was so encouraging. I also got to ride in their wheelchair-modified van and enjoyed the prime parking!
Saturday morning I was introduced to the wonderful world of Ikea. Folks, this place is outrageous. Huge. Overwhelming. An awesome shopping experience. I couldn't believe that like our beloved Wegmans, they have childcare when you walk in the front doors - and a restaurant!
One other thing I learned this trip was how to eat french fries with Ketchup while driving - see photo below of the technique :) If I should ever decide to try this myself, I'll have to be sure to bring a change of clothes!

So I am home, rejuvinated and ready to tackle whatever the week brings my way!

No comments:
Post a Comment