After a lazy afternoon around the house we headed over to Eric and Dani's "welcome Emma Jean" party...'lil EJ is scheduled to arrive by c-section 8/12. As I was finishing up feeding the boys Eric walked outside sporting a tuxedo t-shirt and asked everyone how they liked his shirt before announcing, "well, surprise you're all at a wedding!" A few minutes later, his pregnant fiance walked out in her "This Bride Rocks" t-shirt as a stunned crowd gathered w/cameras and camera phones. It looked like paparazzi! Wow. Shock #1!
It was 5:20 and I was supposed to pick up Monique at 5:45pm to go for dinner at Sinbad's, my favorite restaurant for dinner. Little did I know that right about then surprise #2 was in-the-works! I finally arrived to pick up Monique at 6:20, then to Sinbad's. It looked packed so I suggested we try somewhere else but she insisted that she was craving a gyro from there so I obliged. As we walked up the side of the outdoor seating area I spotted Nikki w/a big bunch of pink balloons - and it all became clear...and there at the same table were Lorraine, Andrea, Laura, and Jillian. Almost all of my best gal pals in the universe to celebrate the forthcoming birth of Giana! I was so surprised! And I also felt bad that those lovely ladies had been waiting for us to arrive for an entire hour...
The surprises didn't end, along w/beautiful outfits, a froggie bathtub toy storage thing, and a hip-hammock, those AMAZING girls had another perfect gift. They blessed Rob and I with the gift of 5 nights of gourmet-prepared meals, delivered to our house. Wow. I cried, and when I showed Rob the list of meals to choose from, he cried too. Wow.
Thank you to all of my girlfriends. You are amazing women and I am blessed to have you in my life.

No comments:
Post a Comment